Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bucket List: Run a marathon-check!

Today Paul and his brother, Adam, ran the Columbus Marathon.  This was the first marathon for Paul.  They both did great!  Paul is sore and said that it was the hardest thing he's ever done.  Actually he said that "law school was a piece of cake compared to running 26.2 miles" BUT also said he will do it again.  Paul's parents, Cara, Chloe and I all went to cheer the boys on.  Cara found them at the start, mile 8, 12 and 26. We were able to catch them at mile 20 and at the finish.
 In all of Paul's running career I have only seen him race one other time.  The first was his personal record mile race.  Today made me so PROUD of him and made me wish I had been able to cheer for him more during college.  All of his hard work has paid off and he can now check it off his bucket list.
 Daddy's biggest cheerleader.
 Waiting...
 Brother Adam and Paul together every step of the way!
 Quick nap before the finish.
 Coming into the finish line.


4 comments:

  1. We'll be there to cheer them on the next time. Great job Paul and Adam. What a great feeling it must be accomplish this goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Uncle Paul! we love you and are so proud of you! awesome job.
    love, W,I & G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you both, Paul! To me, that's an amazing feat. Way to go.

    Love you guys,

    Steve & Vicki

    P.S. I bet you had the cutest cheerleader there!!

    ReplyDelete